The California car duster is the tool of choice when you want your car to look great. You will find the California duster cleaning property outstanding if you are a DIY guy.
Its heavy-duty craftsmanship and top-notch performance make it the number-one choice in auto detailing. Its wax-treated strands effectively trap dust and grime.
And you can clean your car too without a hitch!
However, when it has become soiled, how to clean a California car duster becomes a real challenge. Fret not. Read on as we show you the best tips.
Table of Contents
Tools You Need to Wash a California Duster
- Compressor with Air gun, 80-120 psi
- Comb, industrial or pet grade
- Medium-Sized Basin, heavy-duty plastic or metal
- Mild detergent and water
Ways to rejuvenate a California duster for that optimal performance:
The California car duster instructions come in its bag showing its uses and proper care. But there are three common ways to clean it: washing, air cleaning, and combing.
Use only mild detergent and water in washing. Ensure that the detergent doesn’t contain chalk as it scours away the wax on the strands.
- Soak the duster in water mixed with mild detergent for at least 20-30 minutes to soften the dust, dirt, and grime.
- After soaking, glide back and forth the duster on the water to shake off dirt. NEVER clean the strand like scrubbing a brush or hand-washing your shirt.
- Rinse the strands at least twice on running water. Place the duster on an area where it can drip and dry.
2. Use an Air Compressor with Nozzle Attachment
As a safety precaution, always wear a face mask to prevent yourself from inhaling the contaminants in the air when doing compressed air cleaning.
- When cleaning, hold on one hand the duster and the air nozzle with the other. Position the duster away from you as you point the air nozzle at the strands.
- Let moderate bursts of air cut across the strands removing dust and dirt.
- Repeat the process until grime residues disappear, or are mostly removed.
3. Combing the duster
The strands are made of heavy-duty blended cotton making the duster extremely durable. Examine first if all the strands are not entangled.
- Using an industrial grade or pet comb, comb the duster strands as if you’re combing hair.
- Make sure that all the strands pass through the comb teeth.
- Repeat this step until the strands are free from the dirt and grime. You may have to perform several passes if there is much dirt.
How to Properly Care for Your California Duster?
Regularly cleaning the California car duster and properly storing it after every use significantly improves its lifetime and performance.
Regular cleaning entails doing the three listed ways to rejuvenate a california duster. Refrain from allowing dirt and grime to continuously attach to the strands as they could weaken the cotton fibers.
- For proper storage, always put the duster in its bag and place it in a dry and cool place. Heat and humidity could melt the paraffin wax and make the strands stick together.
- Always shake off the dust after using it to clean your car.
- Do not apply too much pressure when mopping the car with the duster.
- When noticing the loose fibers on the duster, you can use a vacuum with a mild setting to remove them.
- Do not use the duster on hot glass or hot vehicle surfaces.
- Do not use the duster when your car is still wet and muddy after the rain or a fresh wash.
Are There Clear-cut Advantages to Regularly Cleaning the California Car Duster?
Autocare enthusiasts and auto shop personnel attest to the California car duster’s exemplary performance in auto detailing. Its quality and functionality have never been equaled but always imitated.
The following are qualities and advantages of the California car duster that make it a sought-after tool.
- Handling – Its ergonomic design makes it easy to hold and move around a car’s body while taking up tough dirt and grime. Wooden or plastic handles both provide comfort.
- Unlike other market-available dusters, the California car duster’s original design is perfect for cleaning your car without much strain.
- Durability – Designed to last long, the California car duster’s strands are 100% cotton. Its strands are tough and wax treated for that lifetime durability.
- Additionally, the availability of replacement heads allows for extended use of its tool life.
Cleaning your car takes time and effort, but it needs your attention. With the best tool, like the California car duster, getting dirt and grime off your car is a breeze.
The biggest challenge of how to clean a California car duster is never a mystery. Just perform any of the three easy ways, and voila, the duster’s usable again!
With proper maintenance, just like your car, the duster’s serviceability goes a long way.