Charm City Circulator Fact Sheet
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF THE CIRCULATOR SERVICE?
- Limit air pollution
- Limit congestion growth
- Tie together growing communities
- Spread the use of the existing parking supply
THE SERVICE AT A GLANCE
- 4 Routes
- 10 minute frequency (Banner Route - 15 minute frequency)
- 7 days a week
- Connects to less expensive parking on the fringes of downtown
- Connects to Amtrak, MARC, Light Rail, and Metro Subway
- Integrated with the Harbor Connector service
HOW IS IT FRIENDLY?
- Customers are #1
- Innovative hybrid buses are low emitting and environmentally friendly
- Free means that it is wallet-friendly, too
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
- Sustainable funding source
- Innovative hybrid buses
HOW WILL IT BE FAST?
Traffic engineering improvements to help the bus move quickly along its route:
- Transit/bike lanes on Pratt and Lombard Streets give buses priority
- Queue jumping gives the bus a little head start at busy intersections by giving the bus an early green light
- Stop locations – placed further apart than the norm, allowing for faster travel
- Free means no fare box, so boarding is faster
THE CHARM CITY CIRCULATOR'S HARBOR CONNECTOR:
- Easy access to Maritime Park
- Three "ping-pong" routes: Maritime Park to Tide Point, Canton Waterfront Park to Tide Point and Harbor View to Harbor East
- Also free!